Job to Joy.us Writing Guidelines
Jeanetta Chrystie, Managing Editor
E-mail: editor @ JobToJoy.us
PURPOSE: To encourage, inspire, and assist people through job/career
below for links to genre-specific guidelines.)
Job hunting or career change best practices, technology tips, coping
with change, handling stress, managing your time,
and other helpful topics for our audience.
- Book Reviews on books about jobs/careers, change, leadership,
ministry, purpose. Query before submission. Book reviews are
assigned based on queries
(someone may have requested to review a particular book between web
- Devotions that encourage, inspire, and teach (not preach) our
web site readers.
- Photography and Art: that speaks to the circumstances or struggles
of our audience.
- Poetry about inspiration, purpose, change, learning, and other
topics for our audience.
6. Quotations, Humor, Cartoons: positive tone about change,
purpose, ministry, work, and similar topics.
- Share Your Success: Share about a learning experience you
had with a job/career transition. Query before submission.
for: Book Reviews and
Share Your Success stories.
E-Cards: Art, Cartoons, Photographs and Poems may also be selected
for free e-cards.
- Electronic submissions only, as an attachment to an e-mail.
- Also attach: a brief (25-75 word) BIO, and your photo for Our
- We can read a variety of word processing file types,
- Microsoft Word, both Word.doc and Word.docx files
- Sun’s free OpenOffice suite’s OpenOffice.odp files (see
- WordPerfect.wpd files
- Works.wps files
- Word.rtf (however we prefer .doc or .docx files)
- Do NOT send Adobe.pdf files, we need to format
the content for our web site.
- Articles, 450-850 words
- Book Reviews, 400-800 words
- Devotions, 250-450 words
- Share Your Success stories, 500-800 words
Electronic rights; with first or reprint rights for e-card content.
Links to Genre-Specific Guidelines:
||APA Primer for Guidelines
||Book Review Guidelines
||Book Review Wanted List
||Share Your Success Guidelines
you do not see a specific guidelines sheet, but think you have
an idea that will benefit our readers; then send us a Query by